Potato is most famous and loved among vegetables. It contains various kind of nutrients which are good for health. Potato contains largest amount of Starch in it. It also contains Sodium, Potassium, Vitamin A and Vitamin D. Potato when consumed with skin are most beneficial for health. The nutrient present in potato are digested easily by body. Potatoes are also rich in high index proteins. The most important content of potato is Vitamin C which increases immunity of body and protects from heart diseases. It also prevents acidosis in body.
Due to unhealthy diet, Kidney stone is a relatively common problem among us. Kidney stone or sometime regarded as Renal stone by Medical professionals can be of different size. Small kidney stones can be removed with proper medication and diet routine whereas renal kidney stone large in size can leads to damage your Kidney and severe pain. Potato for kidney stones can be really beneficial. Potato peel is rich in certain vitamins and minerals that help prevent or dissolve kidney stones.
Some Kidney Stone Home Remedy With Potato –
- Potato is very beneficial for kidney stones. If stone is small it dissolves the stone and remove it through body via urine.
- In skin allergy and diseases , potato should be used.it also lighten skin color and is very useful in removing dark spots. Grind one potato juice and apply it over dark spots on skin. Leave it for 20 to 30 mins and wash it off. You will see effective results within a week.
- Potato are also good for dark circles under eye. Grate a medium size potato and wrap it in cheesecloth. Place it over eyes every morning for 15 to 20 mins. The enzymes in potato lighten dark circles. You can also mix lemon juice and honey with potato juice.
- Potato also can be used to remove make up from face. Use potato peel to gently wipe off make up from face.
- To use potato as a skin toner, mix potato juice with cucumber juice and honey for moisturizer. Apply this with cotton pads over skin and keep it for 20 mins. Rinse off with water. It will close your pores and soothes your skin.
- Potato is also good for constipation. Eat unpeeled boiled potato or drink potato juice. It provide bulk to stool.
- Potato consumption is good for heart. Flavanoids present in potato reduces bad cholesterol in blood.
- Due to its anti oxidant properties and free radicals present in it, potato are good for health. It reduces wrinkles from skin and makes you look younger by increasing skin tone. It is also helpful to prevent cancer.
- Potato are very rich in carbohydrate, so it serves as a very good source of energy for body.
- Potato is helpful in treatment of warts. Rub a piece of potato over wart daily, leave on the juice. Potato prevent the action of acid in stomach. Eat one mashed potato with milk everyday at night to have a peaceful sleep.
- Potato also helps in reducing stomach acids and inflammation. Take 1 or 2 potato and make juice of it. This when take half an hour before meals, prevents from heartburn. If raw potato juice is not tasty to drink , it can be mixed with other vegetable juices like carrot or beet.
- Potato can also be used for pain relief. Mash 2 or 3 boiled hot potatoes and wrap it in linen cloth. Tie this wrap over pain area and cover the area with a blanket. Keep it there until the potatoes cool down. As potato retain heat for long time and allows the warmth to penetrate deep tissues and give relief from all types of muscle and bone pains.
- Potatoes are excellent to consume in urinary tract infections. They alkalize the mucous membrane to force bacteria to be passed out in urine.
- Raw , cold , crushed potato application over burn area is very beneficial. If not cold, mix it with ice.
- Mashed potatoes with water is a good food for diarrhea patients.
- For dry hairs, peel potatoes and put in a pan with water enough to cover the peelings. Boil this water for 20 mins and than strain it. Once the water comes to room temperature use this to rinse your hair. Do this 2 to 3 times a week to soften hairs.
- To reduce hair loss, mix 2 tablespoon of potato juice with aloe Vera juice and 2 tablespoon honey. Rinse your hair roots with this mixture and gently massage. Leave this for 15 to 20 mins. Wash off with normal shampoo.repeat it once a week to see reduction in hairfall.
CALORIES IN POTATO AND ITS RECIPES:
- In one gram Potato = 1 calorie
- In one potato Paratha = 200 calorie
- In one potato Chips = 8 calorie
- In two potato Cutlet = 150 calorie
NOTE: Do not eat GREEN PART of potato and also sprouted potato. They are injurious to health.