Honey is regarded as LIQUID GOLD. It is one of the oldest sweetener on earth. It is produced by bees using nectar from flowers. Honey is than harvested from hives from human consumption. Color and flavor of honey depends on flower from which it is extracted. It is considered as most sweet and pure liquid on earth.
Honey has been provided with great importance in Ayurvedic medicine due to its rich medicinal properties. It contain 70 to 80% sugar and rest vitamins, minerals and water. It possesses Antiseptic and Anti bacterial properties too.
Find Out Some Quick Honey Health Benefits For Skin –
- Mix honey with warm water and gargle with this water. It gives relive from mouth sores.
- Honey can also be used to cure toothache. Soak cotton in honey and apply this on tooth with pain. This gives relive from toothache.
- Mix honey with raw turmeric powder and make a paste. Apply this paste on face to prevent wrinkling of face.
- To lose weight , drink lukewarm water with 2 tablespoon of honey daily in empty stomach.
- While to gain weight drink milk with honey regularly.
- Make a paste of ginger. Now, mix one tablespoon of honey with paste. Eat this mixture to give relive from cough.
- Mix honey with black pepper powder. Apply this paste over wounds for quick healing.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of honey with two tablespoon curd , one tablespoon talcum powder and few drops of lemon juice. Make a paste and apply it over face, neck and hands. Keep it for 15 to 20 mins and than wash it off. Do not apply soap after this on skin. This reduces dark spots and brighten up skin.
- Mix lemon drops with honey and apply it over face and neck regularly. This reduces wrinkles over face and gives fresh, young looking skin.
- In winter season skin gets rough and dry. Mix honey with milk cream in equal proportion and apply it over face, neck and hands. Wash it off after sometime. This gives you soft supple skin in winters.
- Mix honey with wax and glycerin in equal proportion. Rub this mixture over face before going to bed at night and wash it off in morning. This gives beautiful radiant glowing face.
- Honey is very beneficial for hairs. If you have split ends or rough hairs, than mix one cup of honey with two big spoon of lemon juice and half cup of olive oil. Fill a bottle with this oil. Now, apply this mixture in roots of hair after every 2 to 3 days. After rubbing oil in hairs, cover your hair with warm cloth for 30 mins. Now, wash your hairs with shampoo. This makes your hair smooth and shinier and also reduce split ends.
- Honey with Multani Mitthi and lemon juice when applied over skin, reduces dryness of skin.
- To look younger, women of ancient times use to mix honey with egg white properly. This mixture when applied over face for 30 mins or till it dries, gives you hydrated skin. It removes dryness of skin.
- Cabbage juice with honey and yeast when mixed together and applied over face reduces dryness of face and gives fresh look.
- People with problems of insomnia (decreased sleep at night), should take honey with water at night. This gives good sleep.
- Few drops of honey when given in ear reduces earache.
- Soaked gram pulses when eaten with honey in morning, reduces weight.